Educational Opportunities for Emergency Responders
Iowa Donor Network offers a variety of educational opportunities for emergency responders.
- In-person presentations (continuing education hours at no charge for presentations at least 60 minutes in length)
- Customized education tailored to audience, information requested, and time limits
- Online training and computer-based learning modules
- One-page educational resources and clinical trigger cards
Iowa Donor Network is also available to assist your agency in developing donation initiation policies and procedures.
Free E-Learning Module:
Donation 101 for the EMS Provider
The opportunity to donate one’s organs, tissues, and eyes is an important and enduring decision for anyone. Healthcare professionals are an integral part of the donation process. The purpose of this course is to provide a general overview of the healthcare professional’s role in the donation process :
- Summarize regulatory responsibility related to donation
Identify how and when to notify Iowa Donor Network
Summarize the importance of using discretion and sensitivity with potential donor families
State donor eligibility criteria
Differentiate between brain death and circulatory death and what organs and tissues can be donated as a result