Supporting Iowa Donor Network
Your Support Transforms Lives Through Organ and Tissue Donation
Since 1994, Iowa Donor Network (IDN) has served the state of Iowa to enhance donation and transplantation opportunities for families. At the center of this network are the organ, eye and tissue donors and their families, whose generosity and courage make donation possible. IDN believes that it should create and maintain a favorable environment for giving, emphasizing the mission of working together to transform lives through organ and tissue donation. Bringing meaning to our contributors is central to our philanthropic philosophy.
Iowa Donor Network is a registered 501©3 charitable organization. Contributions to Iowa Donor Network are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law and we adhere to the standards put forth in the Donor Bills of Rights. Iowa Donor Network’s Tax ID is 42 – 1414092.
For questions or more information about making a financial contribution to Iowa Donor Network, please contact Monica West.
For question or more information about joining our volunteer program, please contact Anne Casey.
What Your Generosity Makes Possible
The philanthropy program at Iowa Donor Network provides distinct ways for individuals touched by and passionate about organ, eye and tissue donation to put their financial contributions to work. Every dollar helps us meet our mission of working together to transform live through organ and tissue donation.
- Iowa Donor Network’s Donor Family Aftercare Program provides support, resources and legacy opportunities to families of organ, eye and tissue donors. This program provides grief support for all ages and many opportunities for connecting with other donor family members such as through our annual Candlelight Tribute events, donor family gatherings, online through a private Facebook page, and more.
- The HeartPrints Program provides a special keepsake for our organ donor families. A recording of the donor’s heartbeat is placed in a fleece pillow for the donor family to keep. To date, this project has been solely funded by our partners at Mary Greeley Medical Center.
- Writing workshops are provided to donor families and recipients at no cost to support their grief journey while learning to communicate with their recipient/donor family.
- Our Memorial Garden honors organ and tissue donors, transplant recipients and members of our community. This peaceful retreat offers a reflective space for our families to enjoy.
Clinical Excellence and Innovation:
- Increase IDN’s capacity to provide excellence and innovation throughout the entire organ, eye and tissue donation process.
- New organ preservation methods.
- Organ transportation and logistics.
- Organ and tissue donation communication and technology interfaces.
Public Awareness and Education:
- Education and awareness programs, like our Youth Driver’s Education Program, is paramount to raising awareness for organ, eye and tissue donation. Program work provides education, resources and materials for the classroom and community outreach.
- Training donation and transplantation ambassadors through Iowa Donor Network’s Volunteer Program.
- Our Diversity Taskforce brings programming and events to engage diverse communities in the conversation of donation.
- The Annual Green 5K and Donor Dash spreads awareness and support families.
- Team Iowa at the Transplant Games of America brings visibility to the critical importance of organ, eye and tissue donation, while celebrating the lives of organ donors and recipients on a local and national scale.