About Team Iowa
Team Iowa celebrates the gifts of organ, eye and tissue donation and encourages others to register as a donor. By competing in the Donate Life Transplant Games of America we honor our donors, our donor families and celebrate life. The team consists of athletes and support members who participate in various events at the Donate Life Transplant Games of America. Our athletes have received an organ, bone marrow, tissue or corneal transplant or are a living donor. We are always thrilled to welcome new team members and would love to have more people join the team for the next Transplant Games!
To participate as an athlete in the Games you must meet the following requirements:
- Have received an organ, tissue, bone marrow or cornea transplant (regardless if you are taking anti-rejection medication or not) or you are living donor.
- Transplant occurred at least 9 months prior to the start of the Games.
- You are in healthy condition and your doctor has signed a medical waiver allowing you to participate.
- You have signed a form stating that you meet the above requirements.
- You have completed an application form and background screening.
Support Team Members include:
- Family members and friends of the athletes
- Donor Families
- Transplant or Organ Procurement Organization professionals
- Other interested individuals who wish to support the team
General Responsibilities of a Team Iowa member are:
- Fill out a team application and provide information to complete a background screening.
- Fill out an individual profile form to share your story in the Team Iowa Directory.
- Secure sponsorship and funds for Team Iowa ($750.00 minimum goal per athlete). Fundraising provides funding for continuing the mission of Team Iowa and helps offset the costs of attending the Games.
- Volunteer at Team Iowa and community events leading up to the Games.
- Share your personal story with your community to encourage support for donation and transplantation and to increase the number of those who register as as donor.
- Cheer on and support fellow teammates at the Transplant Games!
Team Iowa is organized and supported by Iowa Donor Network. Please contact team manager, Anna Hobart, if you would like to get involved.
Your financial gift provides critical education about organ, eye and tissue donation in our community and supports Team Iowa’s participation in the Games. The tragic reality remains that there are many more people waiting for transplants than there are organs available. By providing education about organ, eye and tissue donation and celebrating the life-saving and life-restoring benefits of transplantation, we are able to increase public support.
Your contribution guarantees your opportunity to be included in all promotional materials, including our website and team shirt. The sponsorship levels must be confirmed by January 1, 2022.
For sponsorship levels and a commitment form, click HERE..
Sponsor a Donor Family to Attend the Transplant Games:
Every year, Team Iowa sponsors a donor family to attend the Transplant Games of America. If you would like to nominate a donor family or are a donor family and would like to nominate yourselves, please see the links below for nomination forms. To be eligible for the 2024 Transplant Games of America, all nomination forms must be submitted by June 1, 2023. Please email all submissions to Anna Hobart.
Donor Family Nomination Application Information here.
To nominate a donor family, click here.
If you are a donor family, click here.