Location: North Liberty Iowa
Employment Type: Part-Time
Department: Guide the Gift
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
OSHA Category: I
Our organization is dedicated to transforming lives and inspiring all to donate life. We are a family of professionals working together to increase awareness around the need for organ and tissue donors alongside nurturing and guiding our families throughout the gift of life. We facilitate the recovery of organs, tissues, and corneas in Iowa. We honor donors and support donor families at the time of donation and on a continuing basis.
We believe in going above and beyond to support donor families during and after the donation process. Our core values are what guide us, allow us to excel at serving our community, and keep our culture at Iowa Donor Network alive.
Responsible for transporting personnel, equipment and donors during the donation process.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required
- Minimum of five (5) call days per month including four (4) weekend days
- Shifts run from 12am-12am
Essential Functions and Performance Responsibilities:
• Transport organs, specimens, instruments and supplies that are needed during the donation process according to IDN policies and procedures.
• Transport donors to and from designated establishments and IDN facilities according to IDN policies and procedures.
• Transport IDN staff and transplant surgeons to various location as requested.
• Assist with the maintenance of IDN vehicle fleet.
Skills and Abilities:
• Maintain a current valid driver’s license and be insurable through IDN’s insurance policy.
• Effectively able to use computers and computer software including work processing, databases, spreadsheets, Internet tools, and electronic mail.
• Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing when representing IDN
• Work well with others
• Take and give direction
• Demonstrate effective problem-solving skills
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team
• Express ideas verbally and convey detailed or important spoken information.
• Receive detailed information through oral and auditory communication.
• Must receive required vaccines based on outlined schedules to protect our employees, healthcare personnel, donors, recipients, and families we may come into contact. (e.g., Influenza obtained annually by December 1st and COVID vaccine upon required timeline.)
• Respond to call within 10 minutes and arrive to the office within one hour of call or as assigned.
• At peak times, may be called in to assist when not scheduled.
• Work a an on-call schedule with extended hours. Five shifts per month including four weekend shifts.
• Lift equipment and supplies weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Assist with the physical lifting of donors.
• Exposure to biohazardous materials such as blood, other body fluids, communicable diseases and formaldehyde. Universal precautions and use of personal protective equipment is required.
• Travel to the office and donor hospitals throughout the state of Iowa at any given hour of the day or night.
• Drive a vehicle under various weather and physical conditions that may lead to visual and mental fatigue.
It is required that IDN employees demonstrate commitment to the mission and vision, maintain effective communication, exhibit teamwork, respect diversity, follow policies and procedures, maintain confidentiality of all donor, recipient and organizational information, demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness while meeting productivity standards, observe safety and security procedures, be consistently punctual and dependable, actively participate in performance improvement activities and continually demonstrate behavioral expectations and core values.
Employee’s obligation to maintain the confidentiality of information shall survive the termination of employee’s employment with IDN.
All requirements are subject to modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by my supervisor. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, I know that I must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. I realize neither the job description nor this document creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.