Volunteer Opportunity: Tie Blankets for Donor Families - North Liberty
Date: Friday, June 3
Time: 3:00 pm - 6:00 PM
Location: IDN North Liberty Office
Address: 550 Madison Ave.
North Liberty, IA 52317
Total Number of Volunteers Needed: 5
You're invited to join IDN's Wellness Committee as we gather together to make fleece tie blankets for our donor families.
There are a few ways to help:
1. Make a blanket on your own to donate to IDN. TWO pieces of fleece--a top piece with a fun design, and typically a solid-colored matching bottom piece.
- Baby blanket: 1 yard each
- Kids blanket: 1.5 yards each
- Adult blanket: 2 yards each
2. Purchase fleece and donate it to IDN. Fleece can be purchased at Walmart, JoAnn’s Fabric, Michael’s, Hobby Lobby and Amazon.
3. Join our blanket making party on either Saturday, January 22nd in Altoona from 9:00am-Noon OR Saturday, February 5th in North Liberty from 1:00-4:00pm.
- You will need to bring TWO pieces of no pill fleece to make ONE blanket. A top piece with a fun design, and typically a solid-colored matching bottom piece.
- Bring your own pair of scissors to cut the fleece.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please fill out the form below and Iowa Donor Network’s Volunteer Coordinator will be in contact with you. Thanks for your support!