Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Information Systems
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
OSHA Category: II
This position is responsible for providing overall computer support, facilitation of installations and upgrades and training. This position is also responsible for user training on a timely basis and to maintain functioning and efficient desktop and remote devices.
Entry level position. Associates Degree in management of information systems, computer science, or networking or two (2) or more years’ experience in an information technology role.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Expectations:
- Support end users.
- Serve as the first point of contact for end-users seeking technical assistance.
- Perform troubleshooting.
- Walk the end-user through the problem-solving process.
- Record events and problems and their resolutions.
- Follow-up with end-users.
- Take and manage support calls after hours according to an on-call schedule.
- Provide training for end-users, as necessary.
- Obtain pricing, purchase, and prepare equipment and software.
- Research and obtain bids for equipment and software to ensure best pricing.
- Maintain asset and software inventories.
- Prepare equipment for end user use.
- Prepare end of life equipment for disposal.
- Manage Iowa Donor Network Systems
- Manage installs-moves-adds-changes (IMAC) for the following local IDN assets:
- Client computers
- Active Directory
- Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Phone Systems
- Facility Systems
- Task Scheduler
- Manage moves-adds-changes for the following cloud-based applications:
- Office 365
- Razor’s Edge
- Business Central
- Continuous education.
- Maintain current knowledge of new technology.
- Spend a minimum of 2 hours a week learning for professional development.
Additional Job Functions: None
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Must have a high level of customer service and ability to communicate to a diverse audience.
- Requires travel between office locations and the ability to work evenings or weekends.
- Lift equipment and supplies weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Possible mental and visual fatigue associated with detailed work.
- Express ideas verbally and convey detailed or important spoken information.
- Receive detailed information through oral and auditory communication.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to use critical thinking skills and work efficiently in high stress situations.
- Maintain a current valid driver’s license and be insurable through IDN’s insurance.
- Strong ability to research problems and propose solutions.
- Skill and ability to effectively use computers and computer software including word processing, databases, spreadsheets, Internet tools, and electronic mail.
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing when representing IDN; work well with others; take and give direction; demonstrate effective problem-solving skills; ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Comfortable with an extremely dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
Organizational Responsibilities: It is required that IDN employees demonstrate commitment to the mission and vision, maintain effective communication, exhibit teamwork, respect diversity, follow policies and procedures, maintain confidentiality of all donor, recipient and organizational information, demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness while meeting productivity standards, observe safety and security procedures, be consistently punctual and dependable, actively participate in performance improvement activities and continually demonstrate behavioral expectations and core values.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by my supervisor. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, I know that I must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. I realize neither the job description nor this document creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
- Support end users.