Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Continuous Improvement
Exemption Status: Exempt
OSHA Category: III
Our organization is dedicated to transforming lives and inspiring all to donate life. We are a family of professionals working together to increase awareness around the need for organ and tissue donors alongside nurturing and guiding our families throughout the gift of life. We facilitate the recovery of organs, tissues, and corneas in Iowa. We honor donors and support donor families at the time of donation and on a continuing basis.
We believe in going above and beyond to support donor families during and after the donation process. Our core values are what guide us, allow us to excel at serving our community, and keep our culture at Iowa Donor Network alive.
Create and manage business intelligence and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge. The incumbent collects and analyzes data to understand trends, solves problems and establishes and monitors metrics, and provides mentorship and training for members of the data analytics group. Analyze and organize complex qualitative and quantitative clinical, financial, and administrative data from multiple sources, and synthesize results into meaningful reports and presentations on a regular basis. Participate in and/or lead project teams as assigned. Train other users on core analytic and reporting systems.
• A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or management of information systems is required.
• A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in IT and business intelligence is also required.
• Proficiency, defined as two or more years working with SQL Server 2012 or higher and the ability to write complex queries is required.
• Experience with Power BI software, including visualizations, parameters and report optimization is preferred.
• Experience using data marts and other warehousing solutions is an advantage.
• Requires a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a reporting role with a federally designated Organ Procurement Organization (OPO).
Monday- Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm
Essential Functions and Performance Responsibilities:
- Work with stakeholders at all levels to understand analytical needs and develop the technologies required to drive operational improvement.
- Improve existing automated reports and dashboards using Power BI, SSRS, Excel and other reporting tools.
- Gather and understand business requirements to set functional specifications for reporting applications using the User Story methodology.
- Standardize requirements around reporting tools and develop standards for their implementation across the organization.
- Clearly convey the key insights or “story” the data reveals in a visual format that is grouped, summarized, or formatted to be easily understood and actionable.
- Define and implement best practices throughout the IDN data analytics group.
- Be the subject matter expert in reporting and analytics in project planning, status, and review meetings.
- Perform unit testing and participate in reporting validation and QA efforts as they pertain to reporting and data analytics.
- Responsible for the collection, analysis, interpretation, and summarization of data used in reporting.
- Create and maintain documentation of existing data models, warehouses, and data marts.
- Responsible for providing support for miscellaneous data projects.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, across multiple functional areas, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to use critical thinking skills and work efficiently in high stress situations.
- Ability to work with Windows Servers, VMware, Active Directory, Microsoft Office Systems, and SharePoint.
- Ability to effectively use SQL Server including SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Ability to effectively employ essential reporting concepts such as pivot tables, data modelling including tabular models.
- Effectively utilize reporting software tools including Power BI, Excel, and Visual Studio.
- Knowledge of employing data quality measures organizationally and embracing a first-time right methodology.
- Knowledge of proper database normalization, indexing, transaction protection and locking is essential.
- Must have a teamwork focused attitude and be skilled at building relationships across business functions.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to enable productivity in a fast-paced, dynamic development environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain a current valid driver’s license and be insurable through IDN’s insurance.
- Must receive required vaccines based on outlined schedules to protect our employees, healthcare personnel, donors, recipients, and families we may come into contact. (e.g. Influenza vaccine must be obtained annually by December 1st and COVID vaccine upon required timeline.)
- Must have a high level of customer service and ability to communicate to a diverse audience.
- May require travel between office locations and the ability to work evenings or weekends.
- Must be able to lift equipment and supplies weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Possible mental and visual fatigue associated with detailed work.
- Must be able to express ideas verbally and convey detailed or important spoken information.
- Must be able to receive detailed information through oral and auditory communication.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
It is required that IDN employees demonstrate commitment to the mission and vision, maintain effective communication, exhibit teamwork, respect diversity, follow policies and procedures, maintain confidentiality of all donor, recipient and organizational information, demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness while meeting productivity standards, observe safety and security procedures, be consistently punctual and dependable, actively participate in performance improvement activities and continually demonstrate behavioral expectations and core values.
Employee’s obligation to maintain the confidentiality of information shall survive the termination of employee’s employment with IDN.
All requirements are subject to modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by my supervisor. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, I know that I must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. I realize neither the job description nor this document creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.