Location: Remote with residency within 1 hour of Des Moines IA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Eligibility Team
Exemption Status: Exempt
OSHA Category: I
Our organization is dedicated to transforming lives and inspiring all to donate life. We are a family of professionals working together to increase awareness around the need for organ and tissue donors alongside nurturing and guiding our families throughout the gift of life. We facilitate the recovery of organs, tissues, and corneas in Iowa. We honor donors and support donor families at the time of donation and on a continuing basis.
We believe in going above and beyond to support donor families during and after the donation process. Our core values are what guide us, allow us to excel at serving our community, and keep our culture at Iowa Donor Network alive.
This position will work with IDN partners to manage the clinical evaluation and coordination of organ, eye, and tissue donation opportunities. Evaluation and coordination could be managed remotely or onsite as required. Daily activities include collaboration with donor hospitals, staff, and physicians medical examiners, and other essential stakeholders.
• Associates Degree in Nursing or equivalent field experience required OR; Certification as EMT, Paramedic, or other related field OR; Respiratory Therapist Certification or equivalent work experience
• 2 years’ experience and current knowledge of medical critical care, trauma, or/emergency care in a hospital setting
10-13, 24hr shifts per month running 8am-8am. Individual will cover call on holidays if their shift lands on it.
Essential Functions and Performance Responsibilities:
• Support the donation process by participating in the assessment, evaluation, and management of organ, tissue, and eye referrals.
• Perform onsite evaluation of hospital referrals for the potential for organ, tissue, and eye donation.
• Ensure effective communication and collaboration with hospital staff, physicians, related donation agencies, and other IDN team members to maximize organ donation.
• Serve as organizational expert regarding donor suitability, clinical management pre-donation, and demonstrate competency in essential job functions.
• Record and submit referral and case data for process improvement analysis and industry reporting.
• Participate in process improvement and quality assurance activities.
Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to work with sensitive information and respond in a timely manner
• Exceptional ability to review medical information and communicate efficiently across multiple channels
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service to a diverse audience.
• Maintain a current valid driver’s license and be insurable through IDN’s insurance.
• Respond to call/page within 10 minutes and arrive to office/hospital within one hour of call as appropriate.
• Travel to the office and donor hospitals through the State of Iowa at any given hour of the day or night. This travel may occur under various weather conditions.
• Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds at times.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Maintain availability for communication 24/7/365.
• Must receive required vaccines based on outlined schedules to protect our employees, healthcare personnel, donors, recipients, and families we may come into contact. (e.g., Influenza obtained annually by December 1st and COVID vaccine upon required timeline.)
It is required that IDN employees demonstrate commitment to the mission and vision, maintain effective communication, exhibit teamwork, respect diversity, follow policies and procedures, maintain confidentiality of all donor, recipient and organizational information, demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness while meeting productivity standards, observe safety and security procedures, be consistently punctual and dependable, actively participate in performance improvement activities and continually demonstrate behavioral expectations and core values.
Employee’s obligation to maintain the confidentiality of information shall survive the termination of employee’s employment with IDN.
All requirements are subject to modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by my supervisor. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, I know that I must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. I realize neither the job description nor this document creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.