Location: Hybrid- North Liberty or Altoona or Iowa
Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Human Resources
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
OSHA Category: III
Our organization is dedicated to transforming lives and inspiring all to donate life. We are a family of professionals working together to increase awareness around the need for organ and tissue donors alongside nurturing and guiding our families throughout the gift of life. We facilitate the recovery of organs, tissues, and corneas in Iowa. We honor donors and support donor families at the time of donation and on a continuing basis.
We believe in going above and beyond to support donor families during and after the donation process. Our core values are what guide us, allow us to excel at serving our community, and keep our culture at Iowa Donor Network alive.
Position Overview:The HR Specialist is responsible for independently administering IDN’s benefit plans, payroll functions, and supporting day-to-day Human Resources (HR) operations. To be successful in this role, one must have excellent computer and communication skills, be organized, know how to prioritize tasks, and display exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Business or Human Resources required.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in human resources with an emphasis on payroll, leave of absence or benefits administration required.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to successfully perform the work.
- PHR/SPHR certification desirable.
- Monday- Friday
Essential Functions and Performance Responsibilities:
- Accurately prepare and submit payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
- Confidently serve as the main point of contact for employees regarding payroll, benefits, and leave of absence.
- Initiate and complete the setup of new state tax filings in a timely and accurate manner.
- Independently oversee IDN’s benefit program administration.
- Facilitate the enrollment process by conducting educational meetings with staff confirming they have a clear understanding of benefit plans and coverage options.
- Complete monthly billing reconciliations ensuring accuracy between payroll deductions, finance, and carrier records.
- Ensure organizational compliance with OSHA, federal and state employment laws, and other regulations and IDN policies.
- Administer the FMLA and disability processes adhering to required notifications and timelines.
- Facilitate the I-9 documentation process in compliance with federal regulations.
- Research and maintain knowledge of all state employment laws and requirements.
- Oversee IDN’s performance management process.
- Administer the organizational performance management system and facilitate the review process annually.
- Process merit increases through the payroll process and complete all documentation and tracking required for HR records.
- Represent the HR team throughout the onboarding and orientation process with newly hired employees.
- Meet with all new employees to review HR and organizational documents, policies, and procedures.
- Track and follow-up on completion of all onboarding trainings and other required new employee tasks
- Accurately maintain IDN’s HRIS and employee data
- Gather and report monthly HR Metrics
- Serve as a resource to leaders by providing data and reports to help identify trends, and opportunities for improvement in staffing capacity and other areas as needed.
- Serve as a backup in all areas of HR
Skills and Abilities:
- Must display a high level of customer service skills and the ability to confidently communicate with a diverse audience and with all levels within an organization.
- Assure compliance with all federal and state regulations and have a thorough understanding of employment/labor laws.
- Display attention to detail and ensure accuracy in day-to-day tasks.
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Effectively use computers and computer software including word processing, databases, spreadsheets, Internet tools, and electronic mail. Knowledge of MS Word and Excel required.
- Capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines while producing quality results.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to express ideas verbally and convey detailed or important spoken information.
- Maintain a current valid driver’s license and personal auto insurance
- Must receive required vaccines based on outlined schedules to protect our employees, healthcare personnel, donors, recipients, and families we may come into contact. (e.g., Influenza obtained annually by December 1st and COVID vaccine upon required timeline.)
- Lift equipment and supplies weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Sit for long periods of eight (8) hours or more at a time in an office setting.
- •Requires travel between office locations
It is required that IDN employees demonstrate commitment to the mission and vision, maintain effective communication, exhibit teamwork, respect diversity, follow policies and procedures, maintain confidentiality of all donor, recipient and organizational information, demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness while meeting productivity standards, observe safety and security procedures, be consistently punctual and dependable, actively participate in performance improvement activities and continually demonstrate behavioral expectations and core values.
Employee’s obligation to maintain the confidentiality of information shall survive the termination of employee’s employment with IDN.
All requirements are subject to modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by my supervisor. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, I know that I must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. I realize neither the job description nor this document creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
- Accurately prepare and submit payroll on a bi-weekly basis.