Location: Altoona or North Liberty or Remote
Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Information Systems
Exemption Status: Exempt
OSHA Category: III
Responsible for financial analysis including financial forecasts, operating cost analyses, supporting annual budget process and special projects. This position works closely with the Business Intelligence and Accounting teams to help prepare financial presentations, board presentations, revenue and expense analyses as well as other projects requested by senior leaders. This position provides financial analyses for optimal decision-making.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance required, MBA desired.
- 3 or more years’ work experience as a Financial Analyst preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills: experience using Power BI preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Business Central and Jet Reporting preferred.
- Ability to handle competing priorities effectively balancing decisions based on business priorities and objectives.
- Ability to think critically and creatively, highly driven and self-motivated.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Expectations:
- Monitor organizational metrics, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances.
- Produce ad-hoc reports for key metrics, financial results, and variances.
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
- Analyze complex financial cost information and reports to provide accurate and timely recommendations to management for decision-making purposes.
- Support Senior Leader Team with in-depth financial analyses for projects.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, expenses, and capital expenditures and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Maintain knowledge and keep abreast of new financial regulations and policies.
- Participate in the annual budgeting and forecasting process.
- Support the Chief Administrative Officer in preparing presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Leader Team.
- Analyze and evaluate the financial impact of new growth opportunities.
Additional Job Functions: None
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Must receive required vaccines based on outlined schedules to protect fellow employees, healthcare personnel, donors, recipients, and families we serve. (Influenza vaccine must be obtained annually by December 1st and COVID vaccine upon required timeline.)
- Must have a high level of customer service and ability to communicate to a diverse audience.
- Requires travel between office locations.
- Lift equipment and supplies weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Possible mental and visual fatigue associated with detailed work.
- Express ideas verbally and convey detailed or important spoken information.
- Receive detailed information through oral and auditory communication.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to present in a small or large group setting.
- Maintain a current valid driver’s license and be insurable through IDN’s insurance.
- Skill and ability to effectively use computers and computer software including word processing, databases, spreadsheets, Internet tools, and electronic mail.
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing when representing IDN; work well with others; take and give direction; demonstrate effective problem-solving skills; ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
Organizational Responsibilities: It is required that IDN employees demonstrate commitment to the mission and vision, maintain effective communication, exhibit teamwork, respect diversity, follow policies and procedures, maintain confidentiality of all donor, recipient and organizational information, demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness while meeting productivity standards, observe safety and security procedures, be consistently punctual and dependable, actively participate in performance improvement activities and continually demonstrate behavioral expectations and core values.
Employee’s obligation to maintain the confidentiality of information shall survive the termination of employee’s employment with IDN.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by my supervisor. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, I know that I must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. I realize neither the job description nor this document creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.