Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Donor Family Care
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
OSHA Category: III
Responsible for performing and managing the administrative needs of Family Care, providing administrative clerical support, and serving visitors.
High school diploma or GED and a minimum of one-year customer service experience in a professional environment.
COVID vaccine required.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Expectations:
1. Provide clerical support to Donor Family Care department.
a. Assist with printing materials, creating cards and labels and mail packages for Funeral Directors.
b. Assist with documentation and mailing of Donor Family Care supportive resources as requested.
c. Assist Donor Family Care with documentation of donor family letters including Tissue Recovered letters, one-year anniversary cards, Pathway Letters, unable to reach letters and registry cards.
d. Assist with projects as requested by Donor Family Care including Candlelight Tribute events.
e. Assist with projects as requested by Philanthropy, including printing/mailing of letters and envelopes.
2. Greet, welcome and direct visitors appropriately.
a. Answer and screen telephone calls in a professional manner within three rings.
b. Greet staff and visitors into the building with a friendly, professional attitude.
3. Provide administrative support.
a. Retrieve and distribute incoming mail to staff within two hours of delivery.
b. Daily, monitor postage and mailing balances; download postage as needed.
c. Daily, maintain cleanliness of kitchen and office spaces; load, unload and start dishwasher.
d. Set up and tear down refreshments for meetings, speakers and events.
e. Daily, maintain cleanliness of supply/mail room and additional office supply storage.
f. Complete I-9 paperwork for new hires in Altoona office.
4. Monitor supply inventory to ensure adequate stock of supplies available.
a. Order and ensure adequate office and Donor Family Care Supplies.
b. Prepare, assemble and order organ donor, import and tissue charts as needed; print labels for Tissue Recovery.
c. Prepare, ship and track incoming and outgoing packages as requested; notify recipient location of package upon arrival.
d. Transfer mail and materials between IDN offices as staff travels back and forth.
e. Assist with check-out process for IDN laptops and projectors and IDN quilts. Set up and tear down electronic meeting room for meetings.
Additional Job Functions: None
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
1. Must receive required vaccines based on outlined schedules to protect our employees, healthcare personnel, donors, recipients, and families we may come into contact. (e.g. Influenza vaccine must be obtained annually by December 1st and COVID vaccine upon required timeline.)
2. Sit for periods of eight (8) hours or more at a time in an office setting.
3. Lift equipment and supplies weighing up to 20 lbs.
4. Possible mental and visual fatigue associated with detailed work.
5. Express ideas verbally and convey detailed or important spoken information.
6. Receive detailed information through oral and auditory communication.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Maintain a current valid driver’s license and be insurable through IDN’s insurance.
2. Skill and ability to effectively use computers and computer software including word processing, databases, spreadsheets, Internet tools, and electronic mail.
3. Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing when representing IDN; work well with others; take and give direction; demonstrate effective problem-solving skills; ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
Organizational Responsibilities: It is required that IDN employees demonstrate commitment to the mission and vision, maintain effective communication, exhibit teamwork, respect diversity, follow policies and procedures, maintain confidentiality of all donor, recipient and organizational information, demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness while meeting productivity standards, observe safety and security procedures, be consistently punctual and dependable, actively participate in performance improvement activities and continually demonstrate behavioral expectations and core values.
Employee’s obligation to maintain the confidentiality of information shall survive the termination of employee’s employment with IDN.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other
job-related duties requested by my supervisor. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, I know that I must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. I realize neither the job description nor this document creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship