Location: North Liberty Iowa or Altoona Iowa
Employment Type: Part Time
Exemption Status: Non- Exempt
OSHA Category: III
Our organization is dedicated to transforming lives and inspiring all to donate life. We are a family of professionals working together to increase awareness around the need for organ and tissue donors alongside nurturing and guiding our families throughout the gift of life. We facilitate the recovery of organs, tissues, and corneas in Iowa. We honor donors and support donor families at the time of donation and on a continuing basis.
We believe in going above and beyond to support donor families during and after the donation process. Our core values are what guide us, allow us to excel at serving our community, and keep our culture at Iowa Donor Network alive.
Position Summary: The ideal candidate is an independent and creative worker, and skilled written and oral communicator. This intern position will contribute to Iowa Donor Network's Philanthropy department by helping with IDN signature events, third party and community events, public outreach, and fundraising.
• Preferred junior or senior currently enrolled in college.• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Must reflect IDN’s core values and will be hard-working, reliable, creative, and conscientious with the organ and tissue donation community.
• Be comfortable connecting with stakeholders across the designated service area: the state of Iowa.
- 20 hours/week
- Evenings and weekends required
Essential Functions and Performance Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate and help facilitate event logistics for signature and outreach events: including the Iowa Transplant Open, Transplant Games of America, and the Iowa Donor Network 5K.
- Assist with executing marketing and social media plans for IDN events and outreach by distributing materials in person to increase participation.
- Solicit sponsorships and in-kind gifts for Philanthropy department.
- Assist with providing public education regarding organ and tissue donation, both in person and virtual.
- Oversee and coordinate participation in community events and outreach across the state of Iowa.
- Assist with event registration, reporting and logistics.
- Assist with other events and projects within the Philanthropy department as needed.
- Schedule: 20 hours per week, evening and weekends included from March-August
Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain a current valid driver’s license and be insurable through IDN’s insurance.
- Effectively use computers and computer software including word processing, databases, spreadsheets, Internet tools, and electronic mail.
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing when representing IDN; work well with others; take and give direction; demonstrate effective problem-solving skills; ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Preferred experience in Constant Contact and Canva.
- Must receive required vaccines based on outlined schedules to protect our employees, healthcare personnel, donors, recipients, and families we may come into contact. (e.g. Influenza vaccine must be obtained annually by December 1st and COVID vaccine upon required timeline.)
- Sit for periods of eight (8) hours or more at a time in an office setting.
- Must display a high level of customer service and ability to communicate to a diverse audience.
- Lift equipment and supplies weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Require travel to the office and other external partner locations throughout the State of Iowa.
- Require driving a vehicle under various conditions.
- Work requires stooping, kneeling, reaching, and handling (seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hands).
- Possible mental and visual fatigue associated with detailed work.
- Express ideas verbally and convey detailed or important spoken information.
It is required that IDN employees demonstrate commitment to the mission and vision, maintain effective communication, exhibit teamwork, respect diversity, follow policies and procedures, maintain confidentiality of all donor, recipient and organizational information, demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness while meeting productivity standards, observe safety and security procedures, be consistently punctual and dependable, actively participate in performance improvement activities and continually demonstrate behavioral expectations and core values.
Employee’s obligation to maintain the confidentiality of information shall survive the termination of employee’s employment with IDN.
All requirements are subject to modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by my supervisor. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, I know that I must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. I realize neither the job description nor this document creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.