About Team Iowa
To participate as an athlete in the Games you must meet the following requirements:
- Have received an organ, tissue, bone marrow or cornea transplant (regardless if you are taking anti-rejection medication or not) or you are living donor.
- Transplant occurred at least 9 months prior to the start of the Games.
- You are in healthy condition and your doctor has signed a medical waiver allowing you to participate.
- You have signed a form stating that you meet the above requirements.
- You have completed an application form and background screening.
Support Team Members include:
- Family members and friends of the athletes
- Donor Families
- Transplant or Organ Procurement Organization professionals
- Other interested individuals who wish to support the team
General Responsibilities of a Team Iowa member are:
- Fill out a team application and provide information to complete a background screening.
- Fill out an individual profile form to share your story in the Team Iowa Directory.
- Secure sponsorship and funds for Team Iowa ($500.00 minimum goal per athlete). Fundraising provides funding for continuing the mission of Team Iowa and helps offset the costs of attending the Games.
- Volunteer at Team Iowa and community events leading up to the Games.
- Share your personal story with your community to encourage support for donation and transplantation and to increase the number of those who register as as donor.
- Cheer on and support fellow teammates at the Transplant Games!
Team Iowa is organized and supported by Iowa Donor Network. Please contact team manager, Kaylie Hoyle, if you would like to get involved.